Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Day After Halloween 13th St Style (My Annual Nov. 1 Post)


Nov 1, 2007

13th St NW Washington, DC

I'm sitting down to eat and the doorbell rings. Opening the door I see two unfamiliar young girls dressed neatly in jeans and sweatshirts.

"Do you have any Halloween candy left?"

"No" I said rather stunned.

"Okay" they mumbled and started down the sidewalk. No apology for disturbing my dinner. No explanation why they were a day late and a costume short.

Finally realizing that DC uncostumed candyscams had reached new heights in chutzpah I yelled "And I won't have any tomorrow night either!"

This post originally appeared in November 2007.

4 comments:

lacochran said...

Happy Rotting Pumpkin Day!

Titania said...

In Chile, October 31st is the day of All the Dead (not sure that is well said, not sure about the translation); and November 1st is the Day of All the Saints. This last day is actually a religious holiday (and since Chile is so effing catholic, it is actually a holiday and nobody works). So, maybe they were pretending to be saints or something and wanting their candy too? Ok, that was lame, never mind

Anonymous said...

miley cyrus nude miley cyrus nude miley cyrus nude

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?