Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Thanksgiving Train to Grandma's

Nov. 22, 2007
U.S. Botanic Gardens, Washington, DC

Over the river and through the wood, to Grandma's house we go by train! (Click on pictures to enlarge)

We wind our way past quaint houses...

and grand palaces.

Deep in the recesses of the forest we spy the ruins of ancient civilizations.

While changing trains I bought Grandma some chocolates from a local vendor.

Off on Train #2! Yes we can, yes we can!

The rest of the trip must be on foot. I check the map for the route to Grandma's. GRANDMA!!!

I made a wrong turn! Lost in the desert! It's as dry as Aunt Mary's turkey here!


Now I'm in the jungle! Oh no! Which way to Grandma's house? We are missing the green bean casserole!

If only I had GPS in my hat! But I will not stop and ask for directions. No man in my family ever has!


Exotic flowers point the way back to the road!


Wait! That's it! There's Grandma's house and she is waiting for me on the porch! I smell her Kentucky Jam cake from here!


Here's Grandma with her cat Whitey.



The sun shines on a Happy Thanksgiving!




I gratefully drink my tea and reflect on my blessings.




Credits:

United States Botanic Gardens: Itself
Program: "A Midnight Clear" Nov 22-Jan 6, 2008.
Photography: JessiCub
Train Gardens and Sculptures:Paul Busse
(Applied Imagination of Alexandria, Kentucky)
Grandma: Grandma HerbofDC
Whitey the Cat: Whitey

No comments: