Friday, February 15, 2008

Hollywood on U Street!

Would you like a chili half-smoke with your cell phone, Mr. Crowe?

Ben's Chili Bowl is ready for another DC close-up! Looks like the U Street institution and its environs will be featured again in filming to take place Wednesday, March 19th for Universal Studio's feature "State of Play."

I'm not sure which of the stars will be there but with a cast consisting of Russell Crowe, Ben Affleck, Jason Bateman, Helen Mirren, Rachel McAdams, and Robin Wright Penn the photographers and groupies should all be out in force to watch the stars eat DCs signature dish.

Originally Brad Pitt was to have starred but he dropped out after disputes with the director which disappoints me greatly since I had hoped that he and Angelina Jolie might consider adopting some of the Junior Herb Youth Corp.

When "The Pelican Brief" was filmed at Ben's back in 1992 or 1993 I recall lamely walking with my dogs back and forth across the plaza above the U St Metro (no Starbucks back then!) hoping for my dogs to be discovered. Yeah that's right. For my dogs to be discovered.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I hadn't heard about that. I live right around the corner from Ben's...I imagine this is going to be an enormous pain in the ass...and not in the good way.