Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Contests-A-Palooza and Joanie Loves Chachi!






















It is contest time in the blog world and I feel it is my duty to notify my tens of readers of opportunities for fame, fortune, and the chance to reveal their real home address.

First up is a contest by the enigmatic fridge fetishist, WASHWORDS . Her contest challenges you to "Share Your DC Knowledge/Love/Hate for Prizes."

UPDATE: See my actual entry here


To enter you must provide:

1) One reason why you LOVE DC.
2) One thing you hate/snark/whine/mock about DC
3) A DC favorite or secret (can be a restaurant, a deal, a park, an intersection, you name it)
4) Your favorite DC photo (own the rights please! that means you took it)
5) One DC blogger we might not know about.

Entries must be received by WASHWORDS by May 31, 11:59 p.m.

I am trying to decide if I should disqualify myself from this contest. Is it fair that I enter since I am Herb of DC? I know DC and I know secrets!

For instance through analysis of WASHWORDS writing I believe I have uncovered the secret identity of this "lifelong writer/editor" and she is either New York Times babe Maureen Dowd or former Washington Post columnist Meg Greenfield.

Contest #2 is from the blogalicious "Liz" of "What Liz Said." To enter the "What Liz Said Blogathon 2008" "Liz" asks that you submit what you’d like and it can be funny, deep or raw. Submit what you think is your best! "She" asks that you write about a bad day at work, or a profound moment, or anything at all. Something that shows who you are. Go crazy! Also it can be something you’ve already written.

"Liz" will choose three winners, and those winners will have their piece published at "What Liz Said" and receive a special snail mail package from "Liz."

Email your submissions to whatlizsaid@gmail.com. Deadline is NEXT FRIDAY, MAY 30, 2008!

Does anyone know of any other contests? If so let me know and I will include them here.

In the 1970s, a trend begin for monster hit television shows to spin off supporting characters into their own series. Mary had her Rhoda. Archie begat Maude.

Now in blogdom this trend is being repeated and the producers of "What Liz Said" are spinning off the character of "Patrick" to "his" own blog "Patrick Does DC." We wish "Patrick" the best and hope that "he" has a long run like "Lou Grant" or "Melrose Place" and not become the "Joey" or "Joanie Loves Chachi" of blogging.

Will "Horatio" be the next to get "his" own blog?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahahaha, thank you. Horatio thought about going solo but then he remembered that I feed him, so he stays on my blog.

Although he does have regular features... I kid you not.

http://whatlizsaid.com/tag/horatio-judges-you/

It is sad though that I live in a world full of quotation-marked characters. Ah well. Whatever makes me happy!