Saturday, October 18, 2008
Tags, Shoes and Sleeping with Dogs
I've been tagged. Ugh, thanks lacochran's bloggery! Really!
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
7 FACTS/True Confessions:
1. I can't tie shoe laces
When Herb Sr and Pug tried to teach me to tie my shoes for some reason I couldn't grasp the conventional method. Instead I learned some "special" method reserved for "special" children.
It goes something like this:
1. Make two bunny whiskers and cross them
2. Make two bunny ears and cross them
3. Poke the bunny's eyes out and set on fire along with your sister's Barbie.
Okay maybe step 3 happened in High School but even today I can't really tie my shoes correctly. My left shoe especially comes untied using this method.
2. I once was a very successful women's shoe salesman (review #1 above)
If I was asked to assist someone with putting on her shoes I would snap "We sell fashion, not fit."
Intimidation works really well at the higher end of the lady shoes biz. I made a LOT of money!
3. I hate to touch the feet of other people (review # 2 above)
4. I'm not sure what color my eyes are
Indecision reigns when filling out that form for my drivers license. My eyes have flecks of blue, green, brown, gray and hazel (is hazel really a color? Who wants eyes named after a maid?)
Once when I was just starting my career in banking my secretary Sandy said something about my blue eyes. When I told her they weren't really blue she leaned in and looked very closely.
"You're right" she said. "I see blue, green, brown and gray. But it matches your hair."
Bless her heart.
5. I have a fancy French last name
Yet after 200 years plus in the backwoods of Kentucky I have relatives with real or nick names of Moots, Pug, Ethelwyn, Babe, Elwanda, Byrd, Henderson, DeVera and Dub.
My last name is also the name of one of the better restaurants in Karachi, Pakistan.
6. I sleep with two dogs and a cat
not well though
7. I haven't had a date in a couple of years (review #1, 2,3,4, 5 and 6 above)
I'm tagging: Oedipus Hemlich, Oat Bran for Breakfast, And Sentence Fragments, Gizzards Are Good and Chewy, Feeling Stabby DC, Sing Like a Salt Lick, It's Awful Nice It's Paradise.