Monday, December 29, 2008

I've Gone Viral: Working Without My PC
























Friday at the Big Humanitarian Non-Profit they came and took my PC away; it like dozens of others had become infected with some sort of computer STD. Today was my first full day of working directly with uninfected co-workers without my digital shield and I got through it by meeting with people face-to-face, taking copious handwritten notes, and making hourly trips to the employee lounge to check my favorite blogs work email.

The latest update is that my PC "may" be returned to me by COB Tuesday.

During a meeting today, I made a comment that if I didn't have my PC back soon, I was bringing in a substitute tomorrow and that I would be doing "the Selectric wave."

I find it sad that no one knew what I was talking about.

I need to shimmy up the telephone pole, ask Sarah the Operator to connect me with Herb Sr so I can complain about all this new fangled technology.






This is NOT the "Selectric Wave."

4 comments:

lacochran said...

But this is an outrage! We need your posts! This will not stand!!

Katherine said...

Um, where do I send my protest letter?

lacochran said...

Happy 2009 and stuff!

rachaelgking said...

Oh, I would die without my interwebbies at work. They truly keep me sane.

Happy New Year, darlin!