Saturday, November 8, 2008

I'm Slowly Starting to Get It

The below is from an email from a 24 year old acquaintance, I didn't ask for permission to print this but I think it will be okay.

I am still so damn happy, I want to cheer and cry every minute of the day. Obama's victory means so much to me. I feel inspired. I think back to when I was in 7th grade and we had to discuss in groups what we wanted to be when we grew up. I said I wanted to be President and the boy next to me said I would never be president since my parents weren't white or born in America. I told him that was bullsh*t, because in America you can be anything.

I have never been this proud to be an American. And I hope the feeling never wears off.

Herb again...


I know most of my readers read the Washington Post but if you missed this linked article about a retired White House butler, take some time and read it. It is a long article but worth it and if you don't tear up a little at the ending, you truly have no heart.



No comments: